Sunday, August 05, 2007

What I made tonight



This is what I made tonight to take for my 2nd lunch this week. Because of the running/working out during lunch I eat about 270 - 300 calories around 11 am and then another 270 - 300 around 3:00 pm. I get to work before 7:30 so usually eat breakfast between 7:30 and 8 am and breakfast consists of steel cut oatmeal, flax seed, cinnamon and blueberries. Lunch #1 is usually a frozen Healthy Choice meal and lunch #2 is usually soup - preferrably Black Bean soup but this is what I have made to take for lunch #2 this week.
The whole fixings consisted of the following but I figure that I can make it last the whole week for lunch #2:
2 limes, zest and juice
3 tomatoes
1 Jalapeno
1 red bellpepper, diced small
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
3 ears of corn, roasted and cut off the cob
1 bunch cilantro
1 medium red onion, diced small
1/2 cup organic tomato juice
cumin
Tabasco - about 20 dashes
and lastly - we grilled 4 zucchini last night but I had stubbed my toe in the salt when preparing them so they were pretty salty. There was about 1 whole grilled zucchini left so I just chopped it up and threw it into the mix since it was too salty to eat by itself and I haden't added any salt to this mixture.
The good news is that I have 3 ears of corn, deer steak, chicken breast that was marinated in olive oil, 2 Chipolte peppers and a handful of chopped Rosemary, Cantelope and Watermelon to take for work this week for lunch #1 as I am looking to cut back on the amount of processed foods items I eat and get more natural foods into my tummy. I also bought apples, nectarines and oranges to take with me so hopefully I can finally see the fucking scales drop a couple of pounds and register something besides 182.
On other news - I was lamenting to the Mr. this morning about how all of the working out hasn't netted a negative on the scales yet and he replied "Yes but I can tell a difference - you are less jiggley". This made me laught out loud but he is right I can feel a difference in the less jiggley department even if the fucking scales don't reflect anything yet.
I missed yoga this morning as it started at 8:30 instead of 9 but I did go to Adacemy and get some more running shorts, a yoga mat and a yoga tape and went ahead and did yoga watching the tape after I did yard work for 2 hours. Unfortunately my shirt didn't quite meet the top of my shorts so I have this EXTREMELY nice half moon shape burnt spot across the small of my back which was obtained while doing yard work and I just bet that my new neighbors just loved the fact that I was practically mooning them while doing yard work today.


No comments: