Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More, More, More

Managed another 1.5 miles last night down to the lake and back and it was closer to a stroll than anything but I still had sweat pouring out of my pores when I got back so know that I'm still in the detox process.

One of the meds they have me on, either Protonix or Chlordiazepoxide, is really jacking with my sleep cycle and I'm having a bit of insomnia so am pretty tired and really, really wanted to go to my truck and take a nap during lunch but went ahead and went to the gym and logged another 2 miles because I still have that 100 mile goal out there hanging over my header. I know that it would be easy to talk myself out of exercising every day and especially now since I had such a rough week last week but I also know that I have to start somewhere and figure why not today? That plus I saw 176.0 yesterday morning which is a 4 lb drop and I'm thinking that if I go ahead and start back exercising maybe I can stave off gaining those 4 pounds back.

Keeping the food choices to as natural as possible and made some homemade roasted red pepper hummus last night that I'm munching on right now with some 'Natural Ry Krisp' crackers which don't have anything un-natural or unpronounceable in them. Ate 2 boiled eggs along with 2 pieces of pumpernickel toast with a tablespoon of natural boysenberry jelly on them for breakfast. The bread is the natural kind that doesn't have anything processed in it but it also has a shelf-life of only 4 or 5 days once you open it - good thing there are only about 8 slices in the package but damn is that stuff expensive. I'm trying to keep my food as close to natural as I can to help flush out all the toxins and I'm DEFINATELY staying away from High Fruitcose syrup of any kind - that stuff is hard on your gut and hard for your body to process when you are healthy. I'm on my 3rd - 32 oz glass - of water so far and still have about 2 hours of work left. Then it will be 2 more (at least) between the time I get home and go to bed and another 16 oz bottle if we can fit in another 1.5 mile walk tonight. I'm also watching the sodium content of my consumption since the nasty stuff they used to flush my colon tasted like Baking Soda combined with Epsom Salt and even though I have lost 4 lbs I still can't get my wedding ring back on my finger so figure it was all the salt.

Speaking of colon - the reason I was put in the hospital was because my colon shut down completely and caused everything to back up into my kidneys and liver and I couldn't even keep down sips of water since there wasn't anywhere for it to go. Now the meds they have me on cause the exact opposite effect which means that if my tummy even thinks about grumbling I have to make a mad dash down the hallway to the little girls room - just in case. That and the side effects of one of them is that it causes you to feel weak and can cause a B-12 deficiency so I need to be extra careful to take my daily vitamin. I have a pretty consistant headache but think that is a nasty side-effect as well.

No comments: