Monday, August 13, 2007

5 points

Finally broke through the 180 threshold.

Saw 179.5 on the scales this morning but saw 175 yesterday afternoon around 4pm. Didn't get in my 10 miles in order to beat last weeks mileage but also didn't sit down this weekend. Not even sure if I watched anything on TV - at all! It was a busy weekend and I pulled a durn muscle in my back wrestling with middle child in the pool Saturday night trying desperately to keep him from drowning me. Slept on a heating pad last night so didn't sleep very well - that plus I got nauseated while eating dinner so only 2 bites of fajitas then I crawled in bed as early as possible to put heat on the pulled muscle.

Going to gym today to walk my mile and then lift weights. It is 101 here so I won't be walking the 1 1/2 mile circuit outside but will try to get on the treadmill (in the air conditioner) later tonight - the heat plus the fact that we have a Red ozone day and the radio said something along the lines of it being a "lung scaring" ozone day. I am still going to try and log as many miles as possible but think that I might change my focus up a bit and try to lift weights more to see if building muscle really will burn fat faster.

The other thing is that now when my stomach growls - I grin (inside) and think "hey, I'm burning fat reserves now instead of consumed calories" so the hungry feeling really isn't bothering me for the last couple of days. Been a bit hit and miss on taking vitamins and have added that as a goal - to take at least 1 vitamin a day - I say 1 because my daily dosage is split into 2 vitamins (half the daily recommended amount in each pill) because taking 1 that has the whole day's supply makes me sick to my stomach so 1 pill = half my daily recommended allowance. I feel that that, along with my healthy eating, will meet my daily recommended allowance on most vitamins on most days.

We grilled fajitas last night so that will be leftovers for dinner tonight and if I forgo the tortilla and sour cream and sautee some broccolini in a bit of olive oil, garlic and lemon juice to pare with it should be a pretty healthy dinner.

No comments: