Friday, August 10, 2007

Holy Crap Bat-Man

Damn - 3 miles this week!

I'm so gonna have to bust a nut tonight and this weekend in order to break last week's almost 13 miles - that means I need to do 10 miles in the next 3 days - saying it like that sounds horrible but when I break out the ole calculator it means just 3.33 miles a day so for the next 3 days I need to do around 3.5 miles. I know I can fit in 1.5 tonight after daughter's swim lessons so that means that I will need to get in another 2 on the treadmill and then fit in 3.5 tomorrow and Sunday. The 2 miles tonight can be broken down into 2 1-mile sessions because I can usually sneak upstairs and finish a mile on the treadmill before the girl-child in my household notices and comes looking for me. It takes about 10 minutes to run/jog a mile so if I can sneak away twice the cat is in the bag.

This week was absolutely NUTS and I only managed to make it to the gym 1 day - I'm so looking forward to next week when both co-workers are back because I'm going to the gym come hell or high-water. Weight is neither up nor down this week and I will take that as I wasn't able to move as much as I wanted to and ate far more bread than I should. Now all I have to do is condition myself into getting up early in order to fit in another mile or so in the morning before work - that way if I don't get to go to the gym I will still have logged some mileage for the day. I have been in the pool for 45 minutes everynight because the swim lessons are "Mommy & Me" so that means Mommy has to don said bathingsuit and splash around in the water with daughter showing her that she won't melt if she puts her face in the water.

Besides the 10 miles this weekend - the weekend plans are to sand and re-shellac the bench in the front yard, dig up some plants at a friend's house and replant them in my yard, get the cannas out of their pots and into the ground so they can multiply like rabbits, purchase annual plants for the pots and get them potted and possible finally start putting some color on the walls of this very beige house we moved into. Somewhere along the way I plan on making time for some sun and fun in the pool at a friend's house for me and daughter and anyone else that wants to tag along.

No comments: