Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Filler

Got in 2.5 miles at lunch yesterday and another 1.5 last night walking down to see how far the lake levels have dropped. Not enough to get the damn boat launched but almost enough to reconnect the walking trails so that the walking loop at night is closer to 3.5 miles than 1.5.

While I am holding steady at 176 I really want to see the scale start moving south. I was thinking about things last night and remember that when I had a personal trainer he always said that I would have to do 1 ½ hours of cardio a day in order to lose weight. I’m not sure if he was talking about me specifically or if that was his stance for everyone. Then I remembered that the last time I got serious about weight loss I was doing this aerobic tape each morning and it amounted to about an hour of cardio – it was a step tape and unfortunately it was long enough ago that it was actually a tape and we only have DVD players in our house now. A shame because it was a good tape and worked wonders in helping me drop pounds – guess I need to stop by the nearest sports store and see what DVD’s are available these days as I still have that durn step.

I do believe that I really need to up the duration and intensity of the workouts so that the scale finally starts to move. Best I can tell I’m getting 30 minutes 5 days a week as I’m not getting on the treadmill on the weekends even though I am active cleaning house and / or doing yard work / not being a slug so I think that I just need to bite the bullet and plan on getting in another half a hour either in the morning or when I get home from work and then try to get in at least 30 minutes of intense exercise on the weekends. That and I’m slowly upping the intensity (i.e. mph) on the treadmill at lunch and will probably be back to jogging by next week.

So the focus for now is to attempt to get in an hour of cardio 5 or 6 days a week for the next 2 weeks to see if that makes a difference in the scales.

In other news – a current pet peeve of mine is why the hell do manufacturers feel the need to put ‘fillers’ in vitamins? I absolutely HATE having to swallow a fucking horse pill and do believe that if they would just cut out some of the fillers they could come up with a pill HALF the size and lots easier to swallow. I don’t usually have trouble swallowing pills but can almost guarantee that at least 2 or 3 times a week I will gag on my vitamin.

No comments: