Thursday, August 02, 2007

A marathon

Still 182 on the scales this morning so come Monday we will be adding another 1.5 miles to our daily run, first thing in the morning before work and still keep the weights/running at lunch, walking in the evenings and yoga on Friday's. This working out just has to pay off sometime soon - you can't log over 12 miles in one week and not see some kind of change besides being sore. My semi-long term goal is to do 100 miles in 45 days but another goal is simply to log more miles this week than I did last week and then more miles the week after that and so on and so forth until I can run a marathon in 1 week or less.

It looks wierd to me to see the 26.2 miles up there on my tracker. Basically I have ran a marathon even if it has taken almost 3 weeks to do so. I'm going to yoga on Sunday as well as this Friday at lunch and have some weights at home that I can do a little arm routine on Saturday because I'm afraid that if I wait from Wednesday until next Monday to lift weights again I will be extremely sore again and my thinking is if I lift on Saturday it might keep the soreness at bay a bit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW is all I can say - a 100 miles......I bow down to you - you are my hero - good god, holy moly - you rule!!!!