Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Plus 1

Last evening, after dinner, laundry and reading “Goodnight Opus” to the small child that resides in my household for the 210th time the Mr. suggested that we take a walk/stroll. Now the level of fitness needed for this walk varies and depends on whether the small child will stay in her wagon or insists on clambering out and “walking” with us. If she pretends that she likes being chauffeured around then we can go at a pretty fast clip, if she insists on walking then it is more along the lines of a stroll/stop since she either walks on her tiptoes or heels and since she is only about 3 ft tall that means an extreme snails pace. So the child DID want to participate in the walk last night for about half of the distance out. Coming back we convinced her that it would be better to ride, especially since she fell down and skinned her hand and knee while trying to walk on her heels on broken asphalt – we were able to jog back to make up for just strolling half of the way out. Then when we got home, for some strange reason, I decided that I needed to hop on the treadmill for another mile to make it an even 3 for the day.

**insert maniacal laughing here**

While on the treadmill and about 75% of the way through what I thought was mile #3 I realized that I had miss-calculated my mileage so far and instead of only logging 2 miles that I had already logged a bit more than 3 miles so actually this was mile #4 and not mile #3. Goofy, goofy, goofy – I thought exercising was supposed to release good endorphins that made you smarter not dumber. What the hell – I went ahead and finished mile #4 then hopped in the tub for some splash time with the small child that resides in my house because everyone knows that letting a 3 yr old wash your hair is just more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Was up a pound this morning and just have to scritch my head over that as I got in a bit over 4 miles and 30 minutes of weight lifting yesterday along with the 3 floors of stairs at the gym, the 6 floors at the parking garage and the “I don’t know how many” at the house putting up laundry. Oh well, I’m going to keep going and try to get in 4 miles today or more if possible. Monday’s & Wednesdays will be running/weights during lunch, Tuesday & Thursday will be strictly running at lunch and Friday will be yoga along with extra running/strolling at night every night I can fit it in until I can fit in. The loop by the house is 1.6 miles, best I can figure it using MapIt and I really need to locate the durn GPS so that I can get an accurate account of that trail. Once the lake goes down I will have a 3.6 mile track out and back along the bike path now if I can just talk the small child into getting into and staying in the jogging stroller it will be even better. If not then the little bitch can just stay home with her dad on the nights he doesn’t go.

I’ve been tracking my activity level, all of it not just the actual exercise stuff and I’m starting to suspect that maybe my calorie level is a bit low and that I just might be throwing my body into starvation mode which would explain the gain and not loss after yesterday’s activities. I’m going to try to fit an apple into the daily menu and the best I can tell right now I’m burning almost 3500 calories with Basal, lifestyle and activities but am consuming between 1200 & 1350 with my fiber grams up around 35 grams a day and since I’m having issues with my body hording the food and not letting it pass back out it sure feels like this body is just hanging on for dear life. I’m going to up the fiber a bit and the calories to see if that doesn’t help move things along.

No comments: