Friday, July 20, 2007

Deuce and a half for a girl and a half

I walked 2.5 miles at lunch for a total of 7.2 this week, which I feel good about for only having walked 3 days. That “92.8 miles left to go” on the ticker tracker sure as hell looks daunting though, will be happy when I see the 92.8 on the walking side and not on the “left to go” side. I walked at a 4.0/mph pace but since I’m tall and have long legs that is barely a fast walk. Managed to bump it up to 4.5 and jog a little for 10 minutes, the knee started having pains in it when I first bumped it up but subsided pretty quickly – quickly enough for me to keep jogging for the other 4:48 minutes. I’m sure that the ole knee will swell and will need some ice on it tonight.

And the owner of the knee might need a glass of wine to go with her glass of whine.

Strongly thinking about doing a beginners yoga class tomorrow morning at 10:45 am but also have tentative plans to go out to a friends place which is far enough away that it pretty much is a full day trip – either that or we will haul the RV and stay the night. I’m sure there will be tasty adult beverages involved but I’m not going to worry about the food plan/diet right now – just concentrate on moving this body as much as possible. Going to either hop on the treadmill tonight for another 2.5 or take my daughter for a walk to “Play Park” (what she calls any park that has playground equipment – thank you Dora the Whora) pulling her and 10 zillion stuffed animals in her wagon and then tomorrow morning will either be another 2.5 on the treadmill or the yoga – depending on when we need to leave to head West young man.

I’m sure the rest of the day will consist of chasing 2 – 3 yr olds around.

This is the year of the NO MORE EXCUSES – I need to be healthier physically so that I can be healthier mentally. I wish that I hadn’t stopped running all those years ago because both my mental and physical health took a slow decline until we were crazy.

No comments: