Tuesday, July 24, 2007

How F*cking frustrating is this?

Went for a brisk walk last night, pushing my daughter and Zeep in the jogging stroller I was drenched by the time I made it back to the house. The best I can tell, from mapping it out, it was close to 2 miles so I counted 1 ½ miles on the ticker tracker above to add to the 100 miles in 45 days. The Mr. smarted off when I told him that my goal was 100 in 45 days – he said something like “That’s nothing, you can walk more than 100 miles in that length of time”. It both hurt my feelings and pissed me off. Sometimes I don’t know how to take things that are said – I don’t really think he was saying it to be mean but rather think it was just a guy response and if I had been a guy it wouldn’t have bothered me in the least. He is right because 100 miles in 45 days is only 2.22 miles a day and I can do more than that but really am not sure just how much I can do so I put the 100 miles up there because it is a nice, fat, round number.

The frustrating part is that when I climbed on the scales this morning I’m up 1 ½ pounds. My eating yesterday was fine with nothing bad in it and I didn’t drink any alcohol last night so the increase in poundage is rather frustrating this early in the game as I expected that I would at least see a pound move in the other direction. I don’t want to be in the 180’s anymore and really want to see 170somethin soon. I know that part of it is due to the fact that my period is now 3 days late (was supposed to start Saturday) and I can feel that my body is hanging on to everything last bite I eat. My water consumption was up around 96 ounces yesterday with 2 glasses of tea thrown in, 1 green tea with ginger and 1 white tea with orange both served over ice because lets face it – it is just too damn hot here in Texas to be consuming hot tea. Sometimes my body does this strange thing where I won’t poop for 4 or 5 days or if I do it is little rabbit turds so I know that there is more waste up there that is just hanging out and fermenting for now.

The plan of attack has been formulated and implemented.

I consumed microwavable lunch for breakfast instead of my usual oatmeal because it had 13 grams of fiber and I brought some packages of Metamucil with me so will be drinking one this morning and one this afternoon which will make my fiber intake around 20 grams and I also have some dried apricots that I’m going to be munching on because lets face it – nothing will get your system moving like a bit of fiber. 6 apricots has 4 grams of fiber so if I can munch 6 this morning and 6 after lunch that will take the fiber up to 28 grams not including the grilled chicken and asparagus (3 grams per 5.3 ounce serving, plus it contains folic acid) for lunch and whatever I’m eating for dinner. Right now I’m thinking that dinner needs to be a big salad with lots of raw veggies and something low-fat and tasty as the dressing.

The other day I set some low-fat yogurt in cheesecloth and put it in the fridge overnight to drain, it got nice and thick, then last night I chopped up a chili and stirred in some of the adobo sauce it is nice and spicy so I think that I’m going to add some balsamic vinegar and olive oil to it for a spicy dressing for the big ole salad mentioned above. Then, depending on how much I have or have NOT pooped today it might involve another glass of Metamucil for dessert later on tonight.

The other part of the plan is to log 3.0 miles a lunch today (did 2.62 yesterday) and make sure that I get in 2.5 tonight either walking through the neighborhood or on the treadmill – depending on the weather and if I walk outside then I’m going to try to implement some weights as well and or get the spare bedroom straightened up and unpack some more boxes which will be the equivalent of lifting weights.

I’m convinced that the not eating that I didn’t do years ago really jacked my system up and it probably still thinks that I’m in starvation mode. Now all I have to do is convince it that I’m not that it is ok to eat and lose weight at the same damn time.

No comments: