Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tea anyone?

Well – the fiber overdose from yesterday certainly worked as I pooped twice and when I got on the scales this morning I am down a pound. Well – down a pound from my 182 weight and down 2 lbs from the 183 I saw yesterday morning. Ya think that I pooped 2 pounds worth of stuff????? I didn’t look, but seriously doubt that I shat out 2 lbs as that might’ve hurt plus I probably would have had to break it up with a hanger to get it to flush.

No treadmill last night either as we went to the viewing of the body for a friend of ours who committed suicide. We did stop by the local Meglo-Mart (i.e. Sams) and perused it’s aisles for about an hour. So a leisurely hour long stroll pushing a 25 lb baby in a grocery cart that adding weight quicker than I can - will be added to yesterday’s activity (the cart added weight, not the baby). Did I mention that I hate Sams? Well, not so much that I blame the Meglo-Mart but rather that we can’t ever walk out of that place for under a couple of hundred dollars. But I did find some rather large blueberries, some HUGE strawberries which will make a wonderful shake for breakfast tomorrow and a package of frozen Cajun shrimp that can be tossed into a rather quick pasta meal at some future date.

Now for a question for anyone who still reads me. I’ve been doing some research on drinking Green Tea and have found lots of information on its weight-loss abilities. Apparently it is supposed to speed up your metabolism and cause you to burn about 266 extra calories each day that you consume it. It is also touted to have the ability to suppress your appetite. Has anyone tried Green Tea????? I’m wondering if you have noticed any weight loss that you can partially contribute to consuming Green tea and if you have had any negative side effects from drinking it?

On that note today’s meals will be:
Breakfast:
1 cup Fiber Choice cereal w/ 4 ounces of skim milk
8 ounces of green tea
Snack:
1 cup blueberries
Lunch:
4 ounces grilled tuna
½ cup grilled asparagus
1 apple
8 ounces of green tea
Snack:
1 pear
8 ounces green tea
Dinner:
4 ounces grilled chicken boobies
Orange Basmati rice (with raisins)
Grilled zucchini
8 ounces of green tea

BTW – I think I just might make my goal of 180 by Valentine’s Day.

5 comments:

JessiferSeabs said...

I've just recently started drinking Green tea, but I did not know that information (I just know it has lots of antioxidants that are good for you). I'll let you know what I find out in terms of my weight loss - but I do know that this past week was one of my worst EVER on weight watchers (up 4.8 lbs on Saturday - eek!), and I certainly hope the tea isn't to blame in some ass-backwards metabolic freak out.

I can't fit said...

Jess - are you drinking it straight or adding anything to it?

Also - has anything else about your diet or exercise changed this last week?

Crystal said...

I drink green tea but I make sure it's decaf and I usually add a tsp of honey.

I've heard grapefruit speeds up your metabolism too, not sure if it's true.

I can't fit said...

Hilly - I know you read me and I guess I'm just gonna have to break down and get one of those neat little site meters - huh?

Sheri said...

Just found you site and I love it! Green tea is not a staple yet in my life but I think after reading this.... I'm off to get some!