Monday, January 30, 2006

Looking for 179!

We took the baby to see the granimals at the Stock Show yesterday. We walked around for over 3 hours – leisurely stroll but it beat sitting my arse on the couch for 3 hours plus I was pushing the stroller with a 25 lb kid in it. I cheated and ate a cheeseburger while there but did share some of it with the little one. We are such Bubba’s that we bought her a pair of Carhartt overalls for next fall. Gonna teach her how to drive the tractor and spit next. What I didn’t have was the funnel cake, cinnamon roll or dippin dots that smelled soooo good. Then last night I sipped on a small glass of Amaretto and had some ice cream. Hopped on the scales this morning and saw 183.

WTF?????

It kinda freaked me out at first because I know that I didn’t consume 3,500 calories over and above what I burned. Then I remembered that I didn’t poop yesterday so I really think that the inch up in the number on the scale must be because my body is hanging on to that nasty old cheeseburger. I didn’t make it onto the treadmill yesterday but did wash my truck and cleaned house which has to burn some calories. Didn’t sit down until about 7:30 last night so the increase (even if it was only a pound) really surprised me. The funny thing is that the slacks I’m wearing today are much looser in the legs and hips then they were 2 weeks ago.

We had a rather yummy dinner last night. I bought some yellow fin tuna steaks Saturday and 2 bundles of asparagus so the Mr. grilled them for me. I made some mashed potatoes for him and the kids to make up for making them eat “healthy” stuff but I just grabbed extra asparagus and opted out of the mashed potatoes.

I also wanted to share this creamy dip that I made:

1 cup no-fat cottage cheese
½ cup no-fat yogurt
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons no-fat Italian dressing (the dried stuff in a packet)
Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (depends on how hot you like it)

Whirl all of the ingredients in the mixer until creamy.

It is really creamy and taste sinful. I use it for dipping vegetables and chips made out of whole wheat pita bread but it is good enough to make you feel like you are cheating. Seriously – you won’t even miss the fat.

For breakfast I ate 2 Wasa crackers (4 g fiber) with some Laughing Cow Light cheese and a Clementine and for lunch I had a bowl of split-pea soup (8 g fiber) with about a cup of chopped asparagus (3 grams of fiber). Snack is an apple (4 g fiber) and right before I go home a pear (4 g fiber). Maybe all this fiber will help that nasty old cheeseburger move itself right outta my system.

Come on 179!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Hopefuly the fibre will help though I've read and been told fibre actually bulks your stool up, yikes.

Don't worry too much on the number the scale showed you. I'm sure you're loosing inches and next week when you get on the scale it will be a nice number.

I can't fit said...

crackmonkee - yes it does bulk your stool up but I made sure to dring 100 ozs of water yesterday to **ahem** help things along.

Need to get me a measuring tape to start recording inches - thanks for the reminder