Thursday, January 12, 2006

Blog Damn Diet!

Ok – I been on this Blog Damn diet for going on 4 days now and the scale hasn’t budged an inch. Well, really, it did budge but that was when I accidentally kicked it while trying to step on it while half asleep.

This is so frustrating!

My brain knows that 4 days really isn’t enough of being good to start reversing things AND I haven’t exercised yet but come on – I have denied myself the stuff I want with absolutely no reward. I’m all about rewards. I really need to start exercising mainly because that has always been the key for me to lose weight and the lack of exercise is exactly why I’m sitting at 186 lbs. I just can’t seem to find the time – really need a 36 hour day sometimes. If they would just hook my keyboard and monitor up to a treadmill, at work, that would help tremendously.

The good news is that I’m interviewing with a company that is very health conscious and even pays for their employee’s membership to the gym that is right across the street from their building. It will be more money but I’m so on that job like stink on shit, if offered one, simply because of the gym membership. They also encourage their employees to go workout on their lunch hour. Wow – to get a whole hour for lunch – something I haven’t had for years.

Then there is the whole “giving up smoking” idea. I have 4 cigarettes left and I’m hording them like chocolate because they are the last. I won’t be buying another pack of cigarettes after I finish this one. The thing is that I’m kinda scared about stopping smoking right now. Just the thought that people usually gain weight when they stop smoking because, lets face it, smoking depresses your appetite, really has me in a tizzy. I need to stop for my health, first off, and because it goes along with the whole healthy theme that I’m trying to incorporate into my life right now.

Then the Mr. came home last night and told me that several of our friends want to get together on the 21st and go to PF Changs. ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH! I’m so dreading it and my stomach really sank when he said it. He is aware that I’m dieting right now and was kind enough to ask if I wanted to go or not saying that if I didn’t he would just tell them that we had other plans that day. What a wonderful man! I gonna get on line and see if there is anything on the menu that comes even remotely close to something I can actually consume before I give him a decision. Most of us have had children in the last couple of years and the getting together is just harder these days so it would be really nice to catch up with everyone.

I think I just need to schedule some workout time. Pencil it in on the calendar. Right between cooking dinner and doing laundry! YEAH RIGHT!

3 comments:

Anne said...

I just found your blog! I will be back :)

Anne

Anonymous said...

Lettuce wraps at PF Changs. Order them as your entree.

I can't fit said...

trusage - the lettuce wraps have 630 calories and 8 grams of fat while the Buddah's Feast Stir Fried has 370 calories and 7 grams of fat - either one should be good and thanks for the suggestion.