Monday, December 05, 2005

Grand Illusions

Weekend workout plans were cancelled.

Now these are just excuses but after my epiphany Friday I had big plans of going home, dusting off the treadmill and logging in some time on the hour’s meter. Grand illusions are more like it. What happened in reality is that my son had a sporting event Friday afternoon and while arriving at the event at 4:30 we didn’t get home until almost 9. Once arriving home it is my responsibility to get little Princess asleep. The Mr. and I have an agreement that he bathes her and I get her to sleep that way we share parenting responsibilities. Well – she must’ve heard about my resolve to exercise because what normally only takes about 10 minutes took over an hour – yeppers it took me an hour to coax that little sweetheart that it was nighty- night time. We will blame this one on the 3 hour nap that Grandma let her have.

Coming out of her room at 10 pm kinda blew any grand illusions I had about exercising. I guess I’m hoping if I just think about it the weight will start melting off with just mind-power. Hey, that’s a thought – maybe I need to start meditating and visualizing the fat melting and dripping off my body – then I can market and sell the technique and become rich enough to hire a personal trainer. Nah – if I lost enough weight to market the technique then I wouldn’t need a personal trainer – damn Catch 22.

The rest of the weekend was spent putting up Christmas lights, Christmas shopping and cleaning the house. It was busy, busy, busy but I didn’t manage to fit in any exercise except for pushing Princess around the neighborhood in her stroller to look at Christmas lights Saturday night with a Lemon Drop in one hand so I’m gonna guess that the alcohol more than offset the leisurely wandering. Oh and I did help the Mr. carry a 10ft Christmas tree into the house, string it with lights and hang decorations on it but he vacuumed so there was a missed opportunity for a little exercise.

I’m wondering if starting a weight loss program during the Holidays is a very smart idea but then again people generally put on 10 lbs during the holidays so maybe starting one right now will keep me from putting on the 10 lbs in the first place. I’m also wondering if some kind of diet pill might help kick-start the sluggish old metabolism and the ensuing weight loss, no matter how small, will help with the sluggish mind frame. I really want to weigh myself every damn day but think that maybe a weekly weigh-in is better because the daily reminder of not seeing the scale move will be depressing. Friday seems like a nice day to weigh myself because I’m usually able to control myself during the week and are bad on the weekends.

Hmmmm – maybe I need a spanking.

3 comments:

I can't fit said...

Why thank you hilly.

Yes it is hard but there is no better time than the present. I'm going to have to add some exercise to the weight-loss front - well at least something in addition to fidgiting.

JessiferSeabs said...

I found you through Hilly's blog... welcome to the world of the weigh-loss blogs (though it sounds like you've been a blog-frequenter for a while).

Anyway... best of luck with your exciting journey!

I can't fit said...

jessiferseabs - thanks.

Yes I've been a blogger for a couple of years and have also fought the weight loss battle for more years than I care to count.