Monday, December 19, 2005

Fit-less in Seattle

I ran into a co-worker in the hallway just now. “Wow – have you lost weight?” she asks. I giggled nervously wondering if 3.5 lb loss on someone who weighs as much as I do can really be noticed – out loud I said “Yes, 3 ½ lbs”. She says “Wow” **insert large eyes here** “How did you do it?” and then eyes glistening with lust as she leans forward to hear my “secret”. “Diet and exercise” I replied. It took some of the wind out of her sails and she cast her eyes towards the floor disappointed. I get what she is feeling. No miracles, no diet pills, no angels flying down from heaven to chip off the fat that has accumulated around on my backside. It happened the old fashion way.

Diet and exercise!

Two 4 letter words – hey wait one of those words has more than 4 letters in it – oh never mind it is still a 4-letter word. I know that the weight will come off faster in the beginning because some of it is probably water weight and as time progresses and if I progress then I will have to work harder and harder to lose. Don’t we all, in some way or another, wish there was a “magic pill” that we could take and without having to put forth any effort or even think about it the weight would magically disappear just the way that it appeared – without us having to think about it. I think that is the reason why the diet industry as a whole does so well. We all are just looking for a miracle that we can purchase and put under the tree with all the other presents.

I think I want mine to have a gold bow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and if we had a magic diet pill that took the weight off, how quickly would we put it back on?

Anonymous said...

sorry that was me

cat

I can't fit said...

Probably as fast as it got put on in the first place.

I can't fit said...

Hey - 100 lbs is nothing to snub your nose at - that is awesome - how far you have come!!!!!

I'm not really in Seattle - just thought it was a fetching title. I'm in Texas.