Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Spicy Hot!

I just have to say that the leg lifts that I’ve been doing for about a month now are really starting to pay off. The Mister has been telling me for about a week that he could see a difference and when I looked at myself in the mirror this morning (ewwwww) even I could tell a difference. I’m sure the running helps too but since I have been sporadic with the running and rather consistent with the leg lifts then they deserve the credit for the slimming of the hips. The targeted area is right at the bottom of my hip kinda where my leg joins my torso. You know how you tend to get those “saddle bags” right there????? Huh? You don’t – well I do and they are definitely going away.

I have noticed, just this week, that my dress pants, while fitting in the waist are just hanging in my hip area. Today I put on an olive green, moleskin pant suit and the pants are literally falling off of me. Well, actually the jacket is olive green, trimmed in black and the pants are black with a side zipper. I just bought the damn thing at the beginning of December and this is only the 3rd time that I’ve had it on. I can tell that if I lose 5 more lbs there is no way that I can get by with wearing this to work because I’m pretty sure that the pants will fall down around my ankles when I’m walking down the hallway right in front of a bunch of men!

It is a size 14 but must be on the large size of 14 so when these pants hit the ground, since this suit is so new, I will have it dry cleaned and ship it to anyone out here in cyber land who is brave enough to wear my cast-offs. If there aren’t any takers then someone at Goodwill will be happy as I don’t know anyone my size in my real life.

I did my 2 mile torture run last night for a total of 4 miles so far this week. Been running with the treadmill pace set to 4.5. Kinda freaked out this morning when I realized that I have an appointment at 4:30 today to get waxed and was afraid that it was going to be ANOTHER workout that I might miss this week. Then –DUH – I realized that I could just hop on the treadmill after I get the Princess to sleep. The other good news is that middle son’s Region’s competition is during the day Friday so it looks like I will be able to run, just fine, Friday night. WHEW – the 2 miles is torture enough and I really wasn’t looking forward to having to go 2.5 for 4 days to make up for it.

Lastly I wanted to share a little secret – well, not really a secret but I still wanted to share it. I have been bringing Turkey wraps to work with Turkey, low-fat cheese, no-fat mayonnaise and plenty of lettuce on whole wheat, low-carb tortilla for lunch. The thing is that even though it is probably just me being mental – I can tell a difference in the taste of the no-fat mayonnaise. Since I live in Texas AND we tend to like things a little spicy down here I opened a can of Chipolte peppers in Adobe sauce and added about 1 teaspoon of the sauce to 4 Tablespoons of the fat-free mayonnaise. It adds a nice kick, still gives me the satisfaction of having the creaminess of the mayonnaise on my wrap and hides the no-fat taste for my taste buds. No, I don’t add all 4 Tablespoons to my wrap I just added about 1 but this mixture should last the rest of the week refrigerated.

5 comments:

runny_yolk said...

Oh mayo with chipotle - that sounds delicious.

Congrats on the sexy new legs!

Krista said...

Congrats on the legs & better fitting clothes!

I know what you mean about just buying clothes and then not being able to wear them because they don't fit. At least, they don't fit because you're getting smaller. Woohoo!

We call my daughter either Princess or Drama Queen. I don't know how you manage with three kids, I'm exhausted with two.

I can't fit said...

purl - the mayo with chipotle is very wonderful.

I can't fit said...

Krista - Well one of them is already out of the house and the other kid will be driving this spring so that is how I cope (hehe).

I can't fit said...

Hilly - typo - what typo?????

Yeah - the lose slacks are great!