Thursday, February 09, 2006

Interview

Well - life got in the damn way last night and I didn't hop on the treadmill. I think that I'm going to run 3 miles tonight - partially to makeup the 2 I didn't run last night and partially to punish myself because I could've at 9:30 but didn't. The thing is that I'm just so angry with myself for not going ahead and getting the running out of the way. I'm such a routine person that when something throws my routine off it just feels like I can't recover from it. Maybe I just don’t want to recover from it.

I received a call from a company that wants to interview me next week. I'm both excited and nervous about the whole thing. I've been with my present company for 15 years and the other company cold called me - out of the blue - wanting my resume. I half-assed threw one together and emailed it to them thinking that there was NO way they would want to interview me after that lousy resume crossed their desk.

So far I've had a package of Swiss Cakes at 270 calories and 12 grams of fat - sheesh! I really want to hit the snack machine again even though I have an apple sitting right here on my desk. I haven't decided if this eating binge is due to the nervousness or the excitement I just know that I want to nosh on something. Hmmm – maybe I should just make it an even 4 miles to punish myself for eating the Swiss Cakes.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Good luck with the interview! That's quite a compliment for them to have called you.

I do better with a routine too.

Kyra said...

I'm a routine stickler myself. If I don't get my exercise in when I had it planned, I struggle with it. It darn near ruins my day...LOL :) Don't punish yourself. It won't help anything.

I hope the interview goes/went well!

I can't fit said...

Hilly - thanks and we shall see tomorrow.

Krista - thanks for the good luck wishes.

Kyra - routines work so much better - maybe it is the OCD kicking in.

Kyra said...

Hey, I don't have OCD.... everything should just be EXACTLY as I tell it to. *whistle*.... What???

;)

*hugs*

I can't fit said...

Kyra - I'm very bummed that you are deleting your site.