Thursday, February 02, 2006

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Well I managed to NOT exercise AGAIN last night besides 40 leg lifts (each leg). My excuse was because my abdomen on the left side was hurting. It is a rather weird pain and goes all the way through to my back. I initially thought it might be from all of the green tea that I have been consuming but didn’t have any after lunch yesterday and still had pain so it probably isn’t the tea. I have a rather high tolerance for pain so I’m unable to judge when something is just a normal pain or when it is something serious. It did hurt badly enough last night to cause me to lose my appetite so I didn’t eat any dinner. I got a call into the Doctor to discuss it with him and see if he wants me to come in. What the hell am I saying of course he will want me to come in he bought his wife a new BMW for Christmas. MEH! Probably still should’ve jumped on the treadmill and attempted it. Even if I only ran for 10 minutes it would’ve been 10 minutes more exercise than I got.

Did get to discuss our evening routine with the Mister and we are going to shake things up a bit. Currently the Mister gives smallest child a bath and I get her to sleep. Since I get up at 5am to get middle child to swim practice by 5:30 this means that I usually fall asleep on smallest child’s floor while trying to coax her into dreamland. Told the Mister that it really would help me if we could switch – meaning I would give Princess her bath and the Mister could fall asleep on her floor *ahem* I mean get her to go to sleep. Doing this would allow me to clean up the kitchen, step on the treadmill and get anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour workout, shower and still get into bed by 10:30 p.m. When I fall asleep on her floor, even if the Mister wakes me up, I’m too groggy to even attempt exercise and usually just crawl into our room, on hands and knees, and get in bed.

The strange thought that popped into my head this morning was “Maybe it is a cyst or tumor in my abdomen causing all of this pain and I can lose some more weight when they remove it”. Sometimes I scare myself.

Gonna have to get my big ole ass in gear if I really want to lose 24 lbs by the end of April so I can be a hot babe on the beach with my other blogger friends.

3 comments:

Anne said...

We can so do this! See you on the beach :)

Krista said...

Hope everything turns out alright at the Doctor!

runny_yolk said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well!

Thanks for the link to the Racheal Ray site - that is just awesome.