Monday, February 06, 2006

Come On 180!

Well – I really wanted to see 180 on the scales this morning – but no way.

I didn’t expect to see 180 because we had a Super Bowl party yesterday and there were just too many sneaky snacks and tasty adult beverages. At least I didn’t realize a gain after munching on chips, dip, critters, chicken wings, black olives, guacamole and a beer or three. So in that aspect I guess it definitely could’ve been worse. Plus knowing that 20 friends were coming over I got up early and scrubbed my house from top to bottom – I’m talking q-tips in the corners and wiping down the baseboards kind of clean - four hours worth of clean. The Mister hauled all of the leftover grub to work today to feed his guys for lunch so that will save me from munching on anymore of that food stuff.

The Mister was so sweet and in worrying about my “I Don’t Want To Be Fat Anymore” food plan he marinated some chicken boobies and bought some fresh asparagus to grill for me to eat during the party. He was so proud of his little self when he showed me what he had done so that I could stay on plan. I was rather proud of him too. I decided to just go ahead and indulge yesterday for 3 reasons:

  1. I have been eating on plan
  2. I had used low fat ingredients in the dips (shhhhh – don’t tell as no one noticed).
  3. Didn’t want to be the weird one out munching on grilled chicken boobies and asparagus while everyone else was munching on munchies.

So for tonight’s dinner it will be grilled chicken boobies, roasted asparagus and salad and since everything is ready to go - the plan Stan is to hop on the treadmill when I get home for a 2 mile run. The Mister will fire up the grill when he gets home (30 minutes later) to cook the chicken and asparagus and all I have to do is toss together the salad.

I’ve been mulling over the running aspect and my real need to actually get some exercise into my routine and I’ve decided that I’m going to run 14 miles a week. That will be 2 miles a day and something that is very doable when I consider that “Once Upon A Time” I ran 30+ miles a week and biked 40 miles on Sunday. I know that I can run 2 miles right now because I have done it – what I haven’t done is make it a part of my life – a part of my daily routine like I should. I’m going to keep a log and if I have to miss a day then I will just double up on the other days so that the weekly total still equals 14. I read somewhere that what matters most is how many miles you make your body move and that it didn’t matter as much whether you ran or walked those miles. I really need to get my mind around this whole running thing and make it a necessity – like breathing.

The only **ahem** exercise that I have managed to do every day is 60 leg lifts (each leg). Have been doing them for about 3 weeks now and it is starting to pay off as all of my pants are very loose in the hip area. Last night when I plopped down on the floor to do them – the Mister patted my hip and said that he could tell a difference as he is starting to see muscle – of course he could’ve just wanted to get lucky (hehe). The lifts are getting easier so I’m thinking about adding another set of 20 for a total of 80 or digging through my closet to find the 5lb leg weights and start using them. I think the leg lifts are the reason that I’ve been able to locate my hipbones.

No comments: