Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I did it!

Ok - managed to get in 4 more miles last nite for a total of 5 yesterday. Was planning on getting up at 5am this morning but got up late so only managed 2.5 this morning with another 3 (or more) planned for lunch. That will bring me to a total of 5 for today too and then if I can fit in another 2 tonight it will get me the 7 that I planned on getting today. Saw 172 on the scales this morning and I swear that I can feel the fat burning away from my hips and thighs. The pants I'm wearing today are practically falling off of me and I had to keep my hand in my pocket to hold them up while walking in to work today.

I don't mind working out twice a day and my thinking is this - after you work out not only do you benefit from the workout but you also get an 'after-burn' effect where your body still burns calories at a higher rate for a while. I'm thinking that working out twice a day will cause my metabolism to ramp up twice a day therefore burn more calories. I don't know which one to believe as my treadmill showed that I burnt twice the calories this morning than fitday.com did when I keyed in my exercise.

I'm dropping off my sewing machine to have it cleaned and worked on tonight because I think that I can limp along my clothes for a couple of more pounds lost simply by taking them in at the waist and putting darts in them. I'm just not willing to go drop money on clothes right now because I want to see exactly what a difference the working out twice a day will make at the end of 2 weeks. I'm only 2 pounds away from my October 1st goal and am really wondering if I can lose 2 lousy pounds in 5 days that plus my goal is to log at least 25 miles this week and hopefully it will be closer to 30. I'm going to go ahead and run Saturday & Sunday because that is a part of this experiment.

I am really on point now because NASCAR will be here the first week in November and I really want people to notice or at least see a difference since I only see some of them twice a year. I think that the more I lose and the more muscle I build will only help speed up the metabolism and cause me to lose even more. Don't really have a final weight goal in mind as I figure that my body will settle on what weight it wants to be - I just want my thighs to quit rubbing together.

No comments: