Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another Half

Ok - saw 174.5 this morning on the ole scales.

My scales only register in half-pounds so I was probably very close yesterday when I saw 175 and my workout yesterday must've put me down the half pound. I'm going to change my weight lifting day from Wednesday to Thursday so that I will be lifting weights Monday & Thursday and I'm also going to change the workout a bit. Currently I am doing 2 sets of 15 reps with the same amount of weight both times - now I am going to start with 1 set of 15 reps with the usual amount of weight then add 5 pounds and do 10 reps then add another 5 pounds and do 5 reps. I might add 10 pounds instead of just 5 if the addition of five pounds doesn't wear out the muscle. I didn't do this yesterday so will start this Thursday with the new weight lifting routine. I will continue running every day and do think that increasing the intensity of the workout on the treadmill is what is helping contribute to the drop in scales this week. Either that or my body has detoxed and finally realizes that it is going to HAVE to drop lbs or else!

NASCAR will be at Texas Motor Speedway the first weekend in November (for the race) and since we go to both races at TMS my goal is to drop enough pounds so that our friends notice it. We have friends that we only see twice a year at the races and I want, desperately, to drop enough weight that they will see it. I know this sounds shallow but it is just something that I am working towards. That gives me about 7 weeks and at a pound a week that is 7 pounds which will be about 17 pounds lost over all but I think that if I just keep increasing the intensity that maybe, just maybe I can lose 1.5 pounds a week which will be about 10.5 more pounds and will be a 20+ pound loss which should DEFINATELY be noticable. Either loss will put me down into the 'normal' category instead of the 'fat' category for my height.

Yeah Right! Like I've ever been normal.

No comments: